Friday, January 23, 2009

Bad

I've been so bad recently. My boyfriend and I broke up so I've been depressed all month. As a result, I've been eating entirely too much. I haven't been logging my calories because I've been afraid of the result. Besides, I consumed too many to keep track of. Also, I've been sick. On top of pigging out, I've been too exhausted to move much, therefore, no exercise.
I started recording calories again today.
On an up note, I'm getting over whatever virus I have, and I've started going back to school. (According to my biology teacher, it takes exactly two weeks for your body to combat a virus.)
School means walking at least a mile every day with a backpack full of books half the time. School also means weightlifting, which loosely translates to some running, body "dexterity" exercises (dots, ladders -I don't know if those are unique to our school or not), and of course, lifting.
School includes tech. I run around a lot during tech because we have to jog up and down our steep staircase (which I usually do two at a time, both ways.) We have to run the rough 100 feet from the booth to the stage a few times, plus whatever distance we need to go to do what we need to do. It's wonderful exercise. I wish we had it every day.
We (tech) have a workshop to go to tomorrow. Apparently, it's hands on, and has a lot to do with intel lights. Intel is short for intelligent. They spin and tilt in different directions, they have multiple colors (how many depends on how expensive it is), and various gobos (a design cut out of a material-usually metal- to go in front of the light, to make it different shapes). Basically, they're a lighting designer's favorite toy.
I'll be up at about eight so I can be to my school at nine. Yay for Saturday school! We'll leave once everyone is there and drive for an hour. Once we're there we won't be doing a lot of running around or other exercise, but I do expect to stand around a little bit.
We'll get back to school around two or three, and probably go out to eat before we start on Operation Golden Canary. That's code name for fucking with the architecture of the school, ignoring most regulations, and busting down half the wall to one of our spotlight coves so we have more room in the booth. That should be fun. And tedious. The people I'm working with are not going to be fun. Tech's are like family, and there are some members of your family that you can't fucking stand. I get to work with most of those people. Hopefully, one or two of the techs I love and could stand forever will show up and save my sanity even though they're not supposed to work.
I'm not too worried about eating between the workshop and OGC. We'll probably go to subway or to our local market which is mostly organic. What I'm worried about is the food at the workshop. I've been to their workshops before. They feed you a hearty meal of donuts, coffee, and soda. Candy sometimes too. I'm also worried about actually being at OGC. As techies, we're all addicted to mountain dew, or have been at some point in time. There will be dew there. I wasn't allowed to drink it (or any caffeine) for a very long time because I was on a bet to not be able to give it up. But I can drink it again, and lately I've been drinking quite a bit of it. So many calories...
Oh well, I'll try to refrain from junk food.

No comments:

Post a Comment