Saturday, July 18, 2009

Letters FROM my EDs

Willow's Winter Girl's HW: Due July 21, 2009

The assignment was to write a letter from Ana to us as if we had just reached our goal weight.
I have EDNOS. To me, that means I have a mix of a few different eating disorders. I wrote a letter from both Ana and Mia

Dear Willow,

I’m so glad that you have finally reached a place where you are worthy of your namesake. Willow Trees are graceful and whimsical. Their branches are thin and beautiful, swaying in the wind. Now finally, you are the same.

Congratulations, you have made it past 5 pesky goals to the ultimate state of being. Let’s not dwell on what you were but look at what you are! You’re 105 light pounds of skin, bones and a little muscle here and there. I want to reward you, but I’m sure you’ll find something that will suit your needs, as long as it’s not food.

I guess that brings me to my next point. I would like to take my leave of you, because it would seem that you do not need me anymore. You’ve reached your goals with my help so now what do you need this nagging woman for? So let’s imagine I wasn’t there for you in your moments of weakness to whisper in your year to tell you that you shouldn’t eat that food. Would you have been able to hold your own and not give in? Doubtful. Well, I simply don’t want to run the risk of that happening in the future. Instead, I’m offering to stay here with you forever. You’ll never have to be alone again.

Who knows? Maybe we’ll experiment and see what 100 feels like. Until then, I’ll be here when you need me.

Love,

Ana

Dear Willow,

I’d like to congratulate you on reaching your goal weight. 105 is smaller than I’d ever hope to be.

I know you haven’t had me around a lot lately. I miss you, but I know you’re better than me now. I’ll be leaving now forever, and hopefully you’ll never see me again. We had some good times, and I’ll remember them dearly. I wish you would too, but I know you look back on them in disgust. That is exactly why I can no longer be your friend and mentor.
I’m sorry our relationship has to end this way, but I know no other way.

Your friend and lover,

Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment