Friday, July 17, 2009

Letters to my EDs

Willow’s Winter Girls HW: Due July 21, 2009

The assignment was to write a letter from Ana to us as if we had just reached our goal weight. Unfortunately I MISREAD and wrote letters to Ana, Mia, and Pica from me. >.< oops. Oh well, I'll just re-do the assignment and post those up later.
I have EDNOS. To me, that means I have a mix of a few different eating disorders. I wrote a letter to each one that I can name.


Dear Ana,

First of all, you’re a bitch. Whenever the running commentary in my mind decides that you need a voice, you say nothing but bitchy things. You’re like a mean grandmother that has nothing better to do than nit-pick everything her descendants do wrong.

But, oddly enough, for that I must thank you. If not for you, I would never have lost all of that disgusting, unsightly weight. I would still be a disgusting, frumpy 130 lbs and not this slim, beautiful 100 lbs of nothingness.

Thank you for crinkling your nose at anything with more than twenty calories. Thank you for whispering to me that I’m disgusting every time I step in front of a mirror or onto a scale. Thank you for forcing me to put down the fork, and pick up the water. Thank you for hating me when I gained half a pound, and loving me when I lost three. Thank you for making me keep going when I thought I never could. Thank you for making me beautiful.

Despite the fact that you can act like bitch sometimes, I love you for it. Please, Ana, never change.

Love,

Your devote captive,

Willow

Dear Mia,

While Ana is the bitchy grandmother, you are the fun, crazy, doting auntie. When Ana was much too mean to take, you came up behind me rested your head on my shoulder, talking in my ear like a devil-conscious telling me what to do, and to ignore the mean little angel on my other side. You comforted me in times of stress and need. You offered me all the foods Ana wouldn’t let me near and made it all okay in the end by finding a way to get it all out of me.

I thank you for keeping me sane, but nothing more.

Mia, you are a best friend sometimes, but you are a bad influence. I love you but it’s time to change my ways. I can’t let you take over anymore. I worked too hard to get here, where I am today, for you to ruin it. Please, keep in touch, but don’t visit so often.

With few regrets,

Your friend and lover,

Willow


Dear Pica,
You’re disgusting. Go away. Leave me alone. Nobody likes you.
Kthanks, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment